- August (10)
- Beastie Boys Deluxe LP Box Sets
- War Child Limited Edition 15x7" Box Set
- Stone Roses 20th Anniversary Deluxe Collectors Edi...
- Beck--Odelay and The Information DELUXE Sets
- Animal Collective Animal Crack Box 3LP Set
- Nada Surf 94-08 LP Boxset
- Pearl Jam Ten Collectors Boxset
- Deluxe Vinyl Boxsets
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Scissor Sisters (Roxy Music: Do The Strand)
Lily Allen (The Clash: Straight To Hell)
Duffy (Paul McCartney: Live And Let Die)
Elbow (U2: Running To Stand Still)
TV On The Radio (David Bowie: Heroes)
Hot Chip (Joy Division: Transmission)
The Kooks (The Kinks: Victoria)
Estelle (Stevie Wonder: Superstition)
Rufus Wainwright (Brian Wilson: Wonderful/ Song For Children)
Peaches (Iggy Pop: Search And Destroy)
The Hold Steady (Bruce Springsteen: Atlantic City)
The Like (Elvis Costello: You Belong To Me)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs (The Ramones: Sheena Is A Punk Rocker)
Franz Ferdinand (Blondie: Call Me)
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Another cool set of items released in 2009 were these 2 sets for Beck. First up, you have the awesome The Information Deluxe. The first time only vinyl, and made beautifully by Artist in Residence. This set features the following:
• Includes Poly Album Slip Case with Sticker
• Numbered, Limited Edition of Only 3,000 Copies
• Exact Reproduction of Beck's Special Deluxe Cover Artwork
• Purple embossed pen-like ink reproduction Cover Artwork
• Includes High Quality Full-Color Booklet
• 32 Tracks
• Includes B-Sides, Remixes, & Previously Unreleased Tracks
• Premium HQ-180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl Pressing
• Mastered by Bernie Grundman
After almost three years of planning Catsup Plate is proud to announce the release of Animal Crack Box, a three LP collection of Animal Collective recordings spanning the years 2000 through 2003. These songs were recorded live, at practice sessions and in other non-studio environs and most have never been released in any form whatsoever. And those that have been release sound so markedly different that long-time fans will not be disappointed.
Throughout their career, Animal Collective has existed at the crossroads of uncompromising experimentalism, classic song structure and ecstatic expressionism -- a crossroads that this set further underscores. The songs veer from the early percussion/feedback wailings to the Campfire Songs style acoustica to wall of sound forest children vocal chanting. The sonics are rough in places as these were originally recorded more for reference than for an actual release, but the power of the songs and the band's uncompromising intensity are apparent all the way through. Fans of the band's recent work may be surprised by the cacophony at times, but peel away the layers of sound and the essential compositional and performative brilliance is staring you in the face.
Each record jacket is silkscreened in four overprinted colors and housed in a super sturdy four overprinted color silkscreened outer slipcase held together by a two color silkscreened "obi" strip. This thing is a 12 x 12 brick. The recording selections were overseen by Animal Collective themselves, who poured over hundreds of hours of tapes to come up with this tracklisting. The Hieronymus-Bosch-meets-the-early-Looney-Tunes-work-of-Max-Fleischer illustrations were drawn by Jon Vermilyea and the whole package was art directed and designed by Rob Carmichael.
This is a single edition of 1000 copies, with no digital or CD version planned.
- All five full-length studio LPs including Elektra debut high/low (available on vinyl exclusively in this box set), the proximity effect, let go, the weight is a gift, and lucky.
- Repressing of the band's long out-of-print debut 7" single the plan/telescope.
- 24-page full-color 12"x12" booklet which includes lyrics for all of the LPs, exclusive photos and tour poster reproductions.
- Single-use full-album MP3 download codes for the proximity effect, let go, the weight is a gift, and lucky. PLUS a very special bonus download folder with 16 b-sides and rarities!!!
- Box set is numbered and strictly limited to 1000 copies worldwide (as you can see mine was number 385).
Attached, you can see the pictures of the Pearl Jam boxset. I did end up getting mine at Best Buy, since their 1st week price was cheaper than the TenClub's. What does this boxset contain:
CD 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
CD 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O'Brien, plus six bonus tracks:"Brother," "Just a Girl," "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues",and "Evil Little Goat."
DVD of Pearl Jam's previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of "Oceans" with 5.1 surround sound audio remix.
LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O'Brien
LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park - Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O'Brien) "Even Flow," "Once," "State Of Love And Trust," "Why Go," "Deep,", "Jeremy," "Black," "Alive," "Garden," "Porch"
Cassette: replica of original "Momma-Son" Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring "Alive," "Once" and "Footsteps"
Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam's early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.